main + fandom + writing + tech + journal + icons
fanfic + resources

In the name of the Father, the all-knowing, the all-mighty, the all-powerful, amen.


      Tomorrow I become a priest. Tomorrow they lay the golden mantle on my shoulders, rise me up from where I kneel, and bestow the kiss of God upon my forehead. O Lord, I am not worthy to receive You, but only say the word and I shall be healed. O Lord, have mercy upon Your child, this humble sinner, for I know I am not fit to serve.


I saw her die. I remember every moment of it happening; I remember the snarls, the tang of blood in the air, the terrible sickening crunch and the scream. I was there. I could have done something; I could have saved her. I should have done something. I should have reached out and protected her. But all I did was shrink back and hide in the shadows, to save myself.


Honor thy father and thy mother. So spoke the Lord God in his commandments, which are the laws that govern us on earth. I believe in the commandments of the Lord God which He in his infinite wisdom hath given unto us. I believe. I detest my sins, most of all because they offend You, O God, who are all good and deserving of all my love. The Almighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name; from this day all generations shall call me blessed. You have chosen Your priests from among us and sent them out to proclaim Your word and to act in Your name. Since they are earthen vessels, we pray that Your power shine out through their weaknesses...


I know that I am weak. I know I am not worthy to be called priest, to be called holy. I know I am nothing but a handful of dust, given shape and form; brought forth from dust, to dust I shall return, and I am lucky and blessed in all things that I have been brought to the love of God and the love of the Holy Church. As a sinner I come to you, O God, my God, as one who has tried and failed to keep Your commandments. I let my mother die right in front of my eyes, and I don't even know where my father might be, and all I can do is spend my days in worship and praise of You, O Lord, to try and someday become worthy of Your grace...


O Lord my God, your priests have forgiven me my sins, but how might I forgive myself?




All content copyright © 1997-2011. All rights reserved, all wrongs corrected, all lefts applauded.